-Purdue OWL’s list of tips and resources for writing tutors
-1st-year writing competencies for undergraduate students at Ohio University
WED/FRI SPRING MEETING DATES (*in Alden 301u unless otherwise noted)
Jan 30 (2-3) or Feb 1 (11-12)
Feb 13 (2-3) or Feb 15 (11-12, 301 E)
Feb. 27 (2-3) or Mar. 1 (11-12, Room TBA)
Mar. 13 (2-3) or Mar. 15 11-12, 301f)
Mar. 27 (2-3) or Mar 29 (11-12)
Apr. 10 (2-3) or Apr. 12 (11-12, room TBA)
PEER OBSERVATION QUESTIONS—OBSERVATION 1
- What kind of rapport was established in the session you observed?
- What kind of tone was set in the session you observed?
- What would you say was the proportion of tutor talk in the session you observed?
- What kind of talking did the tutor do in the session you observed? (Choose as many as you need from list below.)
Open-ended questions (questions that can’t be answered with yes or no)
- What kinds of questions was the writer asking?
- Interpretive paraphrase
- Directive questions
- Open-ended questions (questions that can’t be answered with yes or no)
- Advisory directives
- Content-clarifying questions
- Opposition-based questions
- Other kinds—say what
(Adapted from Gillespie and Lerner’s The Allyn and Bacon Guide to Peer Tutoring 96.)